Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Theatrical Christmas

Remember UP JC, the organization I mentioned here? Well, like other organizations, we hold an annual Christmas party. I was one of the organizing team this year. I don't know how we came up with the Dark Opera theme for a Christmas party but I don't care, it was fun dressing up! As always! :) 
(though we changed it to theatrical at the last minute =))

 We cooked up a storyline and I was tagged to be the Witch who kidnaps Princess Meryl and everyone needs to save her in time for Christmas. I want to dress my part but I didn't want to look like a traditional witch so I just stuck with black and added my own witch flavor. 
 It's either you're broke or rich in Christmas. Well, I was broke. Sooooo, what to do? Got to hunt for the cheapest finds! Divisoria is a known bargain/whole sale/very affordable market here in the Philippines so I went there with my friend Meryl and challenged myself to come up with a look that's under P1000 (about $23) without sacrificing fashion. :) Mission accomplished? 
Off to your nightmares! hahaha
This is a dress worn as a top, priced P350 but got it for P280! 
 This necklace was sold for P300 but bought it at P280! :) 
 I wanted a tutu skirt so much that I bought this dress even if it wasn't one. It had a ribbon with it but unfortunately, I forgot to bring it with me! :(
 Priced P380 originally but got it only for P300! 
 I was supposed to give this crown to whoever will win the "Bea Malveda Antaray Mo Award" but the award was abolished so I just wore it the whole night. Priced P100, got it at P80.
The Red Pumps by Ron Ramiro Black Glitter Pumps
(This isn't part of the challenge. I had this a few months back:)
Computing everything I spent, that's a total of P940! See it's possible! I have only gone to Divisoria about six times counting this one. It was always a riot! But hey, it's always just gonna be there so whenever I'm broke and I need some affordable but fab clothes, I'll definitely consider going back. 
I'm the kindest witch you'll ever meet! 

Photos and post-processing by Kuya Nille. Thank you so much, Kuya! 

Merry Christmas everyone!

P.S. I just started activating my Twitter so sorry for shameless plugging, but you guys can follow me if you want. That's @BMalveda! I'll really appreciate if you'll follow me. :)

86 comments:

  1. love your outfit girl! very nice
    wanna stay in touch thru google/fb? Wld love to c u drop by my blog for new post n offer from romwe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful dramatic outfit you're wearing here! love your shoes so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, i'm following you to ( 55 No on GFC )...
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear, I just found your blog and I love it!
    Follow each other on GFC? Just let me know!

    ♥ Margherita ♥

    Frivolezze Provinciali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, dear) Follow you back!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look like a princess
    so cute :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't look like a witch? haha. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  7. This dress is just gorgeous, really suits you as well <3

    Lots of love Hamida,
    http://www.looselytiedtofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment!
    Maybe we follow each other !?
    I follow you now! Hope you will follow me back )
    www.gvozdishe.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice heels!!
    http://alwaysssmiling.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!
    We would be very grateful if you could check out our last post and tell us what you think of Gabriella Fenwick's dress of which she has designed and sewn herself.



    LOVE,
    A&G
    Lookbook of the Dress - Gabriella Fenwick Couture
    Our Blog - F A S H I O N O X Y G E N
    Our Instagram - F A S H I O N O X Y G E N INSTAGRAM
    Our Facebook- F A S H I O N O X Y G E N FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww love your dress.Thank you for visiting my blog.Come back soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice dress!
    Follow your blog by GFC, hope, you'll follow me back)

    Kicky Jane
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment!! Now following back. Great blog!

    xoxo,diana
    http://www.xoxodiana.com
    ~~♥ ♥ ♥~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear! I like your style!I am following you now. Hope you can follow back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful outfit, you look really lovely! I follow you back of course!:) Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for following!Followed back!

    Great look!

    http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your outfit is indeed lovely! And I love the theme of the party, despite being a CHristmas one!!
    Alexandra
    Theshoependant.com

    Check my internationally open giveaway here:
    http://www.theshoependant.com/2012/12/giveaway-flores-corner.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we're so creative. haha

      Thank you, Alexandra!

      Delete
  18. Love this black outfit!! And thanks for dropping by, I am already following you on GFC dear!

    Kissess
    ♡ Jaslin from http://justjaslin.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi...Your outfit is very cute,i like your dress!!!
    PESCARA LOVES FASHION blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi darling! You look great!
    We are following you now!
    e&n xx
    http://ourstyle4life.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/Ourstyle4life?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi dear..Thanks for taking the time to stop by...love the bit of costume drama associated with your outfit, you look stunning, gorgeous dress that is styled with panache!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wanna win the "Antaray Mo Award" HAHAHA.

    http://fabulousdanni.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You should have been there! Sayang talaga di natuloy. :( Anyways, thanks for dropping a comment Danneth! :)

      Delete
  23. hello hun
    I just found your blog and I love it!
    you look amazing,love your outfit!
    check my blog if you want and maybe follow if you like it!
    xoxo

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely blog hon! the outfit is perfect.. love the shoes ^^
    Now following you back :)
    http://from-brussels-with-love.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute look! Love how you added that necklace! Fab!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great accessories!
    awesome dress! you look so pretty and lovely!

    PS thank you so much for stepping by my blog!
    I am following you now:)
    Katerina from myneonrock.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katerina! Really appreciate it =)

      Delete
  27. love the touch of the tiara; and those heels are killer! :)


    -Gita
    mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are a miracle!
    I'm your new follower. I invite you to my blog, I'll wait
    tini-tani BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tini Tani! :)

      I'll visit your blog for sure! =)

      Delete
  29. Your dress had a very nice details! You look both royalty and cute!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the entire outfit but the shoes are my fav part! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com I think you could really enjoy my blog! Twitter:@shineonbyandrea Facebook: www.facebook.com/shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great dress! You look amazing! <3

    xx
    http://busyblouse.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  32. thankyou for checking my blog dear..
    btw I followed you back.
    come and visiting me again at daraziivana.blogspot.com
    *smooch

    ReplyDelete
  33. So beautiful :)
    Your shoes are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this dress! I find it so different...I don't think I've seen anything like this before. Really pretty :)
    xx
    The Fashionable ESQ
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!!! =)) It's actually two dresses; one worn as top, the other as a bottom :)

      Delete
  35. dress, necklace, shoes, everything is so cute!! Love this outfit! I came across you on lookbook and really like your style Xx- Mint Clothing Company

    ReplyDelete
  36. hi thanks for the lovely comment
    of course, dear, i'm following you too

    anatakusuma
    http://beatricemalveda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, dear! You made my day! ;) ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...