Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Other Half

My sister turns 20 exactly today! I can't believe it! Time flies so fast and I'm seeing a woman evolve right through my eyes. Like every other sisterhood, my sister and I's is not a perfect one, far if I may say, but I love her to death! She's my partner in crime, my confidant, my critic, my other half. 

With her, I am most real. Nothing to hide, no need to pretend, no fear of judgment, no yearn for acceptance. I love you, Ate!

Let me show you throwback pictures of my sister before she became the beautiful lady she is now:p 


 I didn't know my sister was into dancing during her childhood years! She was always the bubbly one between the two of us, always taking life lightly, one day at a time. 
 I introduce you to my sister's "smile" pose back when she was a kiddo. Scroll on and a surprise awaits you at the end!
 Awww.. it seems like yesterday when my sister celebrated her 7th birthday! Fast-track to the future and now she's 20!

 From that to KABOOM! Chix oh!

And now we come to the part where my sister and I have to share the spotlight in a photo. lol.
 I love it when my sister is so scared! Aww, cry baby, cry. :p
 HAHA, I can't believe I'm sharing with you our baduy days! ;)
 But we can't stay kids forever...
 I'd say we grew up gracefully TOGETHER.:)

Most of my happiest moments were spent with my sister for they were raw and genuine. I didn't have to wear a fake smile when I'm really sad and I didn't have to laugh when her jokes weren't funny. I was me and she was her.
And here's my gift to you, sis and to everyone else viewing this! :)))
 HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA This is your prettiest picture ever, I swear!
 Kidding, this may be the most iconic. :)))

Okay, seriously.
Dear Ate, 

I look up to you and I look at a woman I know I'll never be.  You of all people know that I tend to idolize you at the cost of belittling myself. But no matter how insecure I get, I still find myself ironically thanking God how completely different He made us to be because if it weren't so, there wouldn't be a tall morena filling in the spaces of my life that I couldn't fill. You are my other half (for now, okay?!) and I can't imagine having to live through each of my memorable life experiences without you. 

Thank you Ate for being understanding and patient, for listening to my woes even if you pretend not to, for your no-holds barred honesty, for being my #1 critic, for accompanying me when I can't push anyone else, for letting me bully you, for all our petty fights, and for inspiring me to become the best that I can be. I love you, Ate and even if you don't say it, I know you love me too. :)

 Happy Fabulous 20th Birthday!  

P.S. Would you greet her Happy Birthday for me?? :))
She's a blogger too! Visit her blog:) 

9 comments:

  1. You girls are so pretty!
    xx
    http://creepers-and-cats.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet...Happy Birthday to her, I hope all her wishes come true xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your sister!
    my sister this year is 20 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so cute!! <3
    x

    www.be-your-own-hero-now.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Ate :D
    both of you are so pretty ! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, unforgettable!
    follow your blog, follow each other?
    Visit to my blog:
    trifonenkov.com
    trifonenkov.com
    trifonenkov.com
    click "Like" on facebook, if not difficult - facebook.com/ilyatrifonenkov

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute post, hope it was a great a celebration :)

    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ang sweet mong kapatid :)

    Happy birthday kay Ina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice blog. interested in visiting and following my blog?
    I will be happy to do the same for you.
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, dear! You made my day! ;) ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...