Monday, November 4, 2013

BTS: Not So Throwback Series

I can’t remember how old I was when I watched my first America’s Next Top Model episode. The more usual I watched, the greater I wanted to become a model. I would frequent the mirror and look at myself for hours, trying different poses and angles that would make Tyra proud and practicing my runway walk like Miss J would.

It didn’t take long for me to realize that model me would never happen. I just had to look at my height and I instantly knew the deal breaker.
But that didn't bring me down because maybe all along, I just knew from the back of my mind that it can never be. So the other interests came setting in. I wanted to be a novellist. I got to be a photographer. I long to be a graphic artist, a stylist, a designer. And that light bulb moment whooshed: a fashion magazine editor!
I feel like I’ve been this blog's editor ever since I started blogging. But I had my doubts. Maybe I thought I’m not cut out for this because all I hear from others are negative critique. No one really took a seat beside me and complimented me for my work. Maybe I’m just not good enough and tough to stay in this business.
I was looking down again at myself like I always did. But thanks to this throwback shoot, my aspirations were affirmed and my doubts were kinda wiped off. I did the styling, decided on hair and make-up, prepared location settings, shot my friends, directed them,  post-processed the final ones and wrote separate blog entries for each look. I am beyond grateful and enlightened with the creative process that goes on into the formation of every single magazine page. I can’t keep the ants in my pants that someday  I’ll be part of it. Here are BTS shots and I hope that after reading this, you fashion wannabe is inspired  to take that leap in fashion. Fashion won’t take its chances with you, you take your chances with it. 

Photos taken by whoever was holding the camera :)

14 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: if you can not be a top model you can enjoy fashion. Great pics. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree, marta!! Do you enjoy it?? :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. It's easy to be negative, but know that your blog is wonderful and you have amazing things to offer! :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics!
    http://www.maridress.blogspot.it/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/maridress
    https://www.facebook.com/maridressfashionblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing pictures
    love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some fabulous aspirations, I wish you all the very best!!!!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oww thanks, Caroline! Wish you the very best too!!!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, dear! You made my day! ;) ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...