Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Young, Fab and Free

Last week, I had the pleasure of shooting my cousin, Abby, and her friend, Sam, for their modelling portfolio/pageant audition required photos. At first, I was hesitant to say yes to the project because I'm still brushing up a lot on my photography know-how and "skills". I wasn't sure if I was the right person to help them bring home the bacon.  But they needed the help and since I love doing this anyway (and helping, lol), why object further? I kinda love how the photos turned out and it would be an absolute waste if I don't share these labored photos to you today. I did do some noticeable lapses but if my clients are happy, then I'm happy too (assuming that they were in fact satisfied). :) 
Sam and Abby (Left to Right)
It wasn't hard to shoot these ladies because they are both terribly photogenic! I'm sure they'll win! (And I'm so not biased here.) 

1ST SET
This was the mistake I was talking about. They needed full body shots but I didn't notice I mistakenly cut the shoes in most of the photos that made the picture looked like a cropping disaster.  In Sam's case, the angle made her look smaller than she actually is. I have nothing to say but Ooops!! and sorry, of course. 

2ND SET
They changed their outfits for the beauty shots but my second mistake is that I took more medium shots than beauty ones that they actually needed. (Another UH-OH!)


3RD SET
Aren't they lovely? I adore these two girls' sweet innocence and passion for what they do. I'm sure there's something very bright coming for them in the future. Good luck, sweethearts! Lots of love!

P.S. If you wish to connect with Abby or Sam or both for projects/bookings, just shoot me an e-mail or comment below and I'll tell them right away! Thanks in advance! :) 

12 comments:

  1. So nice post....
    have a nice day..
    kiss from
    http://maysesmodamour.blogspot.com/2013/11/leopard-with-i-pois.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: great photos and outfits. Fabulous .. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. You did a really fantastic job especially with the candid shots where their personalities really seem to shine through!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post!
    http://www.maridress.blogspot.it/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/maridress
    https://www.facebook.com/maridressfashionblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice shoot !

    nataliegasm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Natalia! It was fun shooting this :))

      Delete
  6. Lovely pics!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, dear! You made my day! ;) ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...