Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Pictures

Since this year is coming to an end, just two hours and thirty one minutes to be exact, I compiled some of the silliest and bungisngis photos I had each month for this blog. These were the in-betweens, the outtakes from shoot after shoot. Some of these shots you've seen before but I deleted, and many making their debut today. Didn't Photoshop anything so you'll see the many lapses these photos originally have, those that I would naturally delete on an ordinary day. 

This is me saying goodbye to 2013 and welcoming another year for this blog. Read until the end for a not so short message!


I'm finding it harder and harder these days to write. Which saddens me a hell lot because writing was one of my first loves. I felt my passion for words at a young age, and it was absolutely wonderful everytime I get the chance to collate thoughts in my head into an obra maestra of my own. That fire inside me sparked everytime I'd hear others tell me how good of a writer I am, everytime my English teacher would pick me to represent the class for a writing competition, everytime I'd hear my parents brag about it to our relatives. I felt that finally I'm good at something and that I can be someone great someday with just my words to help me. But college came, and I grew more insecure, never hearing anyone utter those "compliments" again. The passion is slowly dying everyday.

And so is with fashion. I started this blog determined and really positive that I am going to make it big if I just try, and if I don't get it the first time, I just have to keep trying harder. I'd count days and months,waiting for a break to happen but eventually those weeks of patience stretched over to a year and none happened. This 2013, I found myself lost a lot of times, always questioning myself why I even started blogging in the first place. Why all the effort and hard work for nothing? Why am I wasting this much for a blog that no one hardly reads? It is hard to admit  that this blog may have affected my life so much worse than better. 

But at the end of all those musings, I always realize that if I stop now, I'd never know the feeling of being where I want to be.  I have never been a quitter and I'm not planning to be now. 2013 was all about discovery and I know 2014 is going to be more of that. It's tiring, yes, but I'll keep on trying and will stop when I get there. That's when I judge if this is really the place I want to be in for the rest of my life. Goddamit, I'm just 19 and I have a whole life ahead of me. In fact I should be thankful that I'm this driven because at least even if I never get there, I won't have regrets. I won't ever have any regrets because I know I tried. 

With that said, let's welcome 2014 with positivity and love for life!  A blessed Happy New Year for all of you! 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos!
    Happy New Year!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I hope that you have a wonderful new year!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Spain. major proposals of the year is over. Happy New Year 2014.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, dear! You made my day! ;) ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...