Monday, July 21, 2014

Palm Trees

After almost four months, I'd like to welcome you again to my campus! I've been on vacation since April 
so I barely had the opportunity to shoot in school but because it's filled with many instagram-worthy spots (like this one), I try to grab the chance if I pass by for some errands. And today just happen to be that day. 

If you don't know yet, last week the Philippines suffered from strong winds and rainfall brought by Typhoon Glenda. So many trees were uprooted and street posts fell but we're still standing strong just like the trees on my #ootd today. (Did I segue that well?? Not trying to be insensitive, but I'm really happy that there are very few casualties from the typhoon. Still hoping for a zero casualty calamity next time though!!!) 
This #ootd just reminds me of my longest summer yet that is nearing its end. But I'm one Filipina whose wardrobe is half made for summer and no raindrops and winds can prevent me from wearing my fave summery shorts and skirts. Everything I'm wearing here is bought online so I was freaking out if the prints would work and, and, they actually did! You see the trick for pulling off a print on print ensemble is to work with complementary colors and similar patterns. I learned that from Camille Co who has mastered the skill that no other blogger had. The white sneaks make the overall look more casual--and cool, for a lack of a more appropriate term.
Mad Max Mnl skirt, Shop Hispteristic top, Police sunglasses, Hyped Streetwear sneakers 
Ending my post today with my new close friend---my photographer's little sister! Isn't she the cutest? :)
Hope you all started your week well! <3

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit, darling!
    xoxo
    Iza

    vintageiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking like a barbie in this ootd , amazing xoxo

    N@NY

    This week's (Oh So Floral)ootd is up on my blog ,
    come & drop me some love sweetie ,,

    http://artofnanyslife.blogspot.com/2014/07/hello-july-2014.html

    P.S. Follow me on insta & i will instantly follow back @nanyslife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing summery outfit!
    I am already following you via gfc and bloglovin, I have stopped blogging for a while but you could follow me here on my fb page
    https://www.facebook.com/eva.michelaki
    for inspiration pictures, songs, international giveaways and more <3

    kisses!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eva!

      i think i'm following you too <3

      Delete
  4. PERFECT LOOK!! Love the mix of prints, just rad ♥︎♥︎

    I followed your too lovely ♥︎

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! Such a cute look for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THank you so much for stopping by my blog
    Your blog is so cute!
    and this is a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :)

      Thank you, Fabiola!

      Delete
  7. You look amazing
    Fabulous skirt and top

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i didn't heard about this kind of natural disaster in Philippines...these kind of things are always bad news to hear even if I'm from Italy and we are so far!!
    Anyway, I love your outfit, I love this palm trees print so much, especially the top!
    I follow you now on GFC, I hope you would follow back!
    www.blackstarstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as strong as Typhoon Haiyan which is good news! But still hoping for a zero casualty. Awww, it's so touching when other countries pray for us

      Thank you so much, Elisa! Sure :)

      Delete
  9. Love your skirt. Would you
    like to follow each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Please
    lemme know & keep in touch!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice look :)

    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, dear! You made my day! ;) ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...