Monday, October 19, 2015

The Victory of Death (THNK PRNTS 2nd Collection)

I first thought I was scared of death itself but after looking at the bigger picture, I realized that it was its mystery that scared me--not knowing where it leads if it does lead to something, not knowing if I'll still be the soul that I was before it left my now decaying body.

You see, I've always been a control freak. Once I lose control of something, I get frustrated and depressed, and eventually, lifeless. I tend to lose all the energy to do things when I know the outcome is out of my control. Which is why the reality of death bothers me. Unlike most people. I still haven't accepted its mystery and its power to catch people off guard and strip them of their ability to control things that happen to them. Because death is the most powerful force on earth—it’s uncontrollable.

Since death is an unsolvable mystery, it's but logical that different people have different views on it. And just to jump quickly, where there is room for much interpretation, there is space for art to blossom. Naturally, the ringing fear of my twenty years brought me to the beginnings of this collection.

I wanted to go away with the darkness of death and instead, center on its ‘perks’: victory over the mortality of earthly life and freedom from worldly chaos and human pain.  Death is the dawn of letting go of material riches and addicting vices. So if you’re poor, there’s no more struggling every day for a better life. Or if you’re rich, there’s no more trying to maintain your status or fearing the loss of your possessions. There wouldn’t be a craving anymore for a drink or a smoke that people hated to admit enveloped their cowardice by becoming a temporary escape to everything life throws them. There wouldn’t be judgment if you’re black or white, rich or poor, educated or illiterate, Catholic or Muslim, gay or straight. It doesn’t matter. Everyone’s just a skeletal system without a need for a social status.  And that for me is the beauty of death and immortality where everything is ideally simple, peaceful and equal.

If you have the time, do check it out at fb.com/thnkprnts! Feel free to order if you fancy any, and if you have questions about the printed collage artworks, just shoot your questions below on the comment box! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm not afraid of death. I just don't want to die early. There are things that i want to achieve first. Though sometimes, I wish I can be immortal so I could experience a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this article is.... ugh i feel you so much!

    specially "You see, I've always been a control freak. Once I lose control of something, I get frustrated and depressed, and eventually, lifeless. I tend to lose all the energy to do things when I know the outcome is out of my control. Which is why the reality of death bothers me." this part...

    plus i love the prints so much!!! nice collection!!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZUzS9zkh4C4YVFCBLlnhw

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, dear! You made my day! ;) ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...