Friday, January 8, 2016

I have this thing for slits

2016 is here and I'm still not comfortable with the word "sexy." I never was the archetype of sexy that society fixated its male gaze on so I feel the judgment every time I show a bit of skin. The kind that when you see someone with a fat belly donning a cropped top or when you glance upon someone wearing cutoffs with stretchmarks all over her legs. Understandable. Society tells us that sexy equates to size 2 girls or curvaceous bodies with blessed parts.

So consequently, most girls with the same body shape as mine (inverted pyramid/petite) would stray away from cuts such as bare backs, low necklines, hanging tops and oh, slits. But I'm different.  As long as I feel great on something (which clothes are supposed to be for: to make you feel great!), I don't hesitate to walk out our door strutting it. This Forever 21 number lands on one of my favorite dresses yet----it miraculously hides layers of consumed holiday fat, comes with a rusty elegant color, a smooth fabric texture, and of course, it was P500 less than I initially thought!

It was the best choice to celebrate the first day of 2016 with. Happy New Year, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress
    You look amazing

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualikum...

    Saya nak tumpang promote website...

    http://felda.ml

    http://bit.ly/17lBrz5

    Terima kasih...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo Lovely Darling:)
    Thanks Dor Sharing:)
    Love Kisses
    Open Kloset
    I have new special Post i hope u love it:)
    www.openklosetfashion.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, dear! You made my day! ;) ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...